MCA

MCA
SEE HOW I TAKE ADVANTAGE OF $80 COMMISSIONS TO BRING IN THOUSANDS A MONTH!! CLICK HERE!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day - 33 Homeless Rob Loves Fan Mail

Hey there! I don't really get fan mail, yet! LOL! But someday I hope to. Well, more like letters of encouragement. I think that would be better. I think I would have to keep them all until this is over for me and frame them if I make it. I'll show them to my kids. I'll show them how the world really is - full of loving, caring people!

I have to ask myself.... am I one of those people? I don't know! That's the truth. I think I used to be. Then this homelessness consumed me and I began to change. Now I'm someone that's looking after himself more than anything. I'm looking for anyway out. But I don't like feeling like this. I will change this.

This is my first letter:

-->
Hello Rob,
  I'm not homeless, nor have I ever been, so I can't claim to truly understand your situation. I stumbled upon the homeless forum that contained this website link by mistake. I was actually doing a search for which beach is best for summer vacation, when I stumbled upon a google link where homeless people were talking about staying in beach towns. Out of curiosity, I read some of the forum, including your posts. I was really touched by your posts, and I can honestly say I felt very sorry for your situation. I have two young girls who I could not imagine going a day without seeing. I somehow felt compelled to let you know that someone out here in the world thinks that you're going to make it. I felt a strong urge to post something on here, like God was telling me to tell you that He is with you, and you are almost there. I know this might sound crazy, but I could not sleep after reading your story, and I prayed for you last night. Your blog is very interesting and I love how you leave tips for other homeless people. You have more talents that you realize, Rob. I hope you read this and you have had a good day today. Good Luck, Rob, and I will continue to pray for you. God will see you through, just remember to ask him for help. He'll never mislead you. GOD BLESS YOU! SMILE:) And this too shall pass....

I tried to post this as a comment on your blog, but it said my account didn't have access. Hang in there, Rob.!
This e-mail address is strange..lol..ignore it, it's a long story, but was set up as my windows live account.

Lots of Luck,

A.
LOL, I can't stop reading this! I think I've read it about 20 times now. I think in my heart this is the kind of response I was looking for. Not just because it was encouraging to me but because I realize that my story meant something to someone. I have to move on with the plan now. This letter has shown me that much.

I haven't talked to my kids in awhile. This to me is the worst part about being homeless. There is NOTHING else that brings me more shame than talking to them. That fact alone seems to be a twisted truth about homelessness. I should be a parent but I'm not! I can't help it! I can't help the questions my kids ask me. I can't stand dodging the questions. "Daddy, when are you coming to see us"?  "Daddy, where do you live"? "Daddy, just talk to your boss and maybe he will let you take some time off"! I hate it! I hate it when my little daughter laughs because I miss her. I hate it when my other daughter chokes trying to get the words "I love you to" out because I should have never let this much distance come between us. I hate it all. It never should have been like this for them.

Now, there is another side though. This is the side I hope to land on. Let's just say for a second I do reach my goal. Let's say I make it . Then I'll have a wisdom about life that I can teach them. My kids are very caring (ironically, for homeless people) and they don't know how I live. So, I think if I make it maybe I can offer them a view on life that's meaningful for them. Maybe I can say someday "I used to live like that and because of you I had a dream. And that dream lead me back to you and back to being a better person"! Well, that's what I'm hoping for at least.

My Tent:
I have found that by working day labor, I can buy a lot to build a comfortable tent. LOL, lots of cardboard, bubble wrap, and simple wrap. All items which I have recently used to build a floor in my tent. A not too shabby floor I might add. However, the bubble wrap is popping a lot. I kinda knew it would. But day labor seems to offer an endless amount of it. I don't think I'm going to add much more to my "tent life"! Maybe a few other things if I come up with some spare money. I was thinking maybe somethining to do some cooking, like a burner or something ( I saw them in Walmart when I got my tent). I was also thinking about a cooler. I could probably get a bunch of uses out of that. For now though, I'm good!

Day labor:
Work has slowed down a lot. They are saying its because of the holidays. This is not good! This scares me a lot. I'm reminded of someone a few weeks ago who tried to tell me that $120 a week was enough to get a place. And that even though it was going to be a tight fit it was doable. My response to that was that day labor wasn't reliable enough for that and that such money was harder than she thought and pretty much not even doable. Its looking like I was right on that one.

My plan:
I'm still working on my plan but have decided to move things up a little. I got lucky and was able to work yesterday. I work pretty hard so I tend to get "repeated" from the "ticket for men". I think that if I can just work Monday I'll have enough money to get my grinder and that should set about 90% of my cross problems free. I'd rather have that than food right now.

Let's say I get to work tomorrow but not again after that for awhile, I'd rather get the grinder and at least get my crosses going because I might be able to make some money out of that. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but it does to me. However, it is a stretch. I'll just have to see what tomorrow brings first. One thing is for sure though - I'm going for it!


Homeless tip:
Clean up after yourself. Clean the spot you stay in. Clean up after any resource you use. For example: if you wash yourself up in a bathroom at Mc Donald's (as I do often) don't leave a puddle of water on the floor. If you brush your teeth don't leave toothpaste in the sink. It shows that you have no respect for that establishment after you use their stuff and there might come a time when they just get sick of you making a mess. Just be on the safe side whether you think they know its you leaving the mess or not. Clean up after yourself!

Thank You For Reading My Blog!

If you like my blog please visit and like my new Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/HelpfulMarketer?ref=hl
and see the cool things I'm doing now!

No comments: